It’s all about building a good reputation and building a good image for your web hosting business. Once you’ve got a good name backed by real client testimonials, getting new clients will become a much easier task to accomplish.
So, let’s go back putting ourselves in the shoes of our clients. As I said above, people will always search for your company name on their favorite search engines before finally signing up. If that is the case, what do you think will come up on page 1 of the search results?
The search results will come out like this chronologically from top to bottom
- Your company’s website itself
- All press releases and news about your company on major web hosting news sites
- All reviews and client testimonials on web hosting review sites
- Your company’s Facebook Page (we’ll cover this on next posts)
- Your company’s Twitter Page (we’ll cover this on next posts)
- Your company’s YouTube videos (we’ll cover this on next posts)
- All other websites which have relations or links to your website
So, we have covered point 1 and 2. Now I will show you how to cover point 3, so that when your potential clients do a search about your company, all they can find is good positive vibrations regarding your company which will only boost their confidence in signing up with your web hosting services.
Isn’t that just awesome? Now wipe that smile out of your face and let’s get to work.
When it comes to web hosting review sites, of all the review websites that are out there, I can only recommend you to one website, WebHostingStuff.Com (WHS).
WHS review page about your company will certainly get on the first page of the search results when people searched for your company name in any search engines. Plus their website is very clean and not full of advertising and this will bring your visitors confidence while reading the reviews there.
You only need to list your company on WHS and just forget about all the other review sites and directories. They will not work as well as WHS, not even close. I don’t know why, but WHS just works out very well for a hosting business, BUT… you have to follow my lead, otherwise you’ll only waste time and money there.
As you can see WHS utilises their own PPC (pay per click) engine which powers their Top 10 chart across their website. Forget about this for now. Remember that I told you DO NOT SPEND MONEY TO GET YOUR FIRST 100 CLIENTS.
What you need is to open up a free WHS account, go to www.webhostingstuff.com, on the left navigation panel, under About Us, click on the List Your Company Here and open up a free account.
Once you got a free WHS account, complete the steps below:
- Under Manage, click on Plans, then on the top, click Add Company and add your Company Details there
- Then click Add New Plans and add your hosting plans there, as I recommend previously, it would be better if you only offer one hosting plan, but the choice is yours.
- Now click on the Dashboard, see the four seal images, click on the second one from the left; Share Your Opinion
- See the HTML codes you got, don’t get them all, just get the REVIEW LINK from the bottom one, which looks something like this http://www.webhostingstuff.com/addcomments/your_company.html where your_company.html should be replaced with your own link.
That’s all what you need to do for now on WHS. DO NOT EVEN TRY to start buying pay per click advertising there, you will not be able to compete with all the other web hosting companies which are already listed there because they have many testimonials already. You will only be wasting your money if you don’t listen, no one will buy from you, even if you are on the top 10 list.
Now that you got your WHS review link, this will be one of your ultimate weapons on building a good reputation and client testimonials.
USING THE POWERFUL REVIEW LINK
Now I will show you how you should make use of this review link from WHS.
As I have said before, it’s all about hard work. You can only build your good name and reputation through hard work and time. Now is the time to make use of your hard work to drive more clients to your business. The way you should see it, whenever you are servicing your EXISTING clients, you are also doing sales and marketing at the same time, always DO YOUR VERY BEST to service your existing clients.
My secret weapon is I always do my very best when I am servicing my existing clients, in a way that these clients can’t thank me enough for what I’ve done. I have sincerely helped them, not just because they are a paying client and it is my duty to do what they ask, it’s because I care if their website succeeded, it’s about caring about other people.
SERVICING YOUR EXISTING CLIENTS IN A WAY WHICH TAKES THEIR BREATH AWAY IS THE ULTIMATE WEAPON ON BUILDING YOUR HOSTING BUSINESS TO REACH ITS SUCCESS. AS A MATTER OF FACT, IT IS THE ONLY WAY.
The good thing is, hey you own the business, and it is only natural to care for your own clients. The hard part of doing this is when you start to delegate your client service to other people, such as your employees.
Other people would naturally have less passion and care while helping your clients. This is a whole new area which I am going to cover on a later post. For now, it’s just YOU and YOURSELF. So it’s simple. If your company does not have a very good reputation when you only have less than a few hundred clients, then it’s your own mess, it’s your own fault. You can’t blame it on other people, but it’s easier to fix, since you only need to fix YOURSELF.
HOW TO USE YOUR WHS REVIEW LINK
- Whenever you are doing client support and have solved the client’s case successfully and you are 100% sure that the client is satisfied with the help which you have provided them, you MUST give them this WHS link, for them to submit their review.
- When you are doing this (giving the review links to the satisfied client), think of it as you are getting a brand new client for each and every link you give to your client.
- DO NOT do this automatically (for WHS) by putting the link on your Support signature or even on your website. When doing web hosting, it is unavoidable that service interruption will occur from time to time which will sometime leave your client unsatisfied. The last thing you want them to see is “Please review us” link lying around when this happens. Only give out this link manually to satisfied clients during EVERYDAY client support.
- How do you deliver your review link to your clients, here is how to do it and I can guarantee you that this approach will bring the best possible reviews to your business. Use the following approach when giving out the link automatically on your support ticket signatures.
I AM GLAD THAT I COULD BE OF ASSISTANCE TO YOU. YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR PRIMARY OBJECTIVE.
I WOULD TRULY APPRECIATE IT IF YOU CAN PLEASE SPEND A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME REVIEWING MY PERSONAL SERVICE THROUGH THE LINK BELOW.
THE REVIEWS YOU GIVE WILL DETERMINE HOW I WILL BE PROMOTED. I PERSONALLY EXPECT YOUR KIND REVIEW ABOUT THE SERVICE I HAVE JUST PROVIDED. A FIVE STAR WOULD BE NICE!
THANK YOU SO MUCH
I am sure you get the general idea. You can alter the message above to your own version, but make sure that you deliver a message to the client that YOU NEED THEIR HELP.
PEOPLE LOVE TO RETURN FAVOURS TO OTHER PEOPLE. IT TRULY GIVES PEOPLE A SENSE OF GLADNESS AND SATISFACTION WHEN THEY ARE GIVEN THE VERY POWER TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE WHO JUST HELPED THEM.
You will surely reap the fruit of your hard work. Do this every single time you are sure that you got a very satisfied client, 90% of them will boast about your great services on these two review sites, simply because you did gave them your very best.
That’s it, it’s pretty simple right? In time, you will have over 100 client testimonials in WHS, which most of them are soaring FIVE STARS. Now when people search for your company name, they will surely be presented with all these happy clients. This will be the final confirmation which will convert your potential client to become your client.
This site is the very best friend you can ever have. Never abuse WHS. Never submit your own testimonials and fake them. WHS are being run by a team of professionals which has been doing this for so many years, they do everything manually. They approve every single rating and reviews manually, if you try to abuse their system ONCE, you will get yourself blacklisted by WHS. Should that ever happen, you just lost the most precious friend which will get you a lot of clients ahead.