Work at SiveHost, the Email & Website Hosting Arm of SiveICT.
We’re always looking for the best and the brightest: if you think you have a strong calling in what we do…, your journey with SiveHost begins here
Careers at SiveHost
SiveHost is a leading provider of shared, reseller, VPS, and dedicated hosting solutions on Linux platforms – most importantly SiveHost, an Endurance African brand, is proud to provide around-the-clock customer care and technical support from offices in Mpumalanga. Standing proud inside the ‘African Lab/hut’, Sive personnel are part geek – part everyday dude, serving clients ranging from individual freelancers, to professional designer/developers and major businesses in an atmosphere that both educates and entertains. is your calling still strong? Well then let us snap you up! Come join our winning team and help us bring the best customer service and offerings to our customers.
Technical Support Engineer Tier I
SiveHost is seeking dedicated and motivated employees looking for a career in customer service / technical support and are looking to work with one of the Africa’s leading web hosts and provide exceptional customer service on a consistent basis. SiveHost currently has openings on the day, night and graveyard shifts in its eMalahleni or Mpumalanga locations.
- Front line support via live chat and telephones.
- Troubleshooting a variety of technical and non-technical issues customers are having with their web hosting plans and services.
- Provide technical support for level one escalation issues via helpdesk.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
What you will do in this role:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to speak and write at least one language in the following groups: Nguni, Sotho and Afrikaans.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Knowledge of FTP, DNS, cPanel and WHM preferred.
- Ability to multitask and meet specific goals set by supervisors and management.
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic web hosting and technical procedures as needed.
What you bring to the table:
- Your ability to ingratiate others with your written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Your ability to ingratiate others with at least one language in the following groups: Nguni, Sotho and Afrikaans.
- Your dexterity in managing multiple tasks and screens efficiently, while maintaining focus and control
- Your attention to detail to ensure customers have the best experience possible while meeting departmental goals
- Your reliability to work assigned shifts and complete work as expected
- Your experiences in the areas of technical support and customer service
- Your proven ability to learn and understand the many web hosting technologies quickly and accurately(knowledge and experience with cPanel, DNS, FTP, WHM, MySQL, PHP, HTML is a plus!)
- Your intrinsic motivation to put in 110%+ to provide an outstanding customer service experience
eMalahleni, Mpumalanga, South Africa